Monday 15 December 2014

The Mistletoe Bride by Scarlett Jade


The Mistletoe Bride by Scarlett Jade
Available on Amazon :http://amzn.to/1vZ56iX


BLURB
When Eve finds out two weeks before Christmas that the love of her life has
been cheating, she's left with two tickets to paradise. Defying common
sense and hoping for a Christmas miracle, she gives the companion ticket
to a man she just met. Nick is handsome, single, and loves Christmas
too! It seems like a perfect fit.
Nick
meets the lovely, sad Eve at a coffee shop, and he’s instantly smitten.
Eve is beautiful, if not a little crazy. She offers him a vacation, all
expenses paid. He takes her up on the offer because hey, who passes up a
free vacation?
Sleigh bells ring in paradise, and they find each time they come together,
it’s magic. Sparks fly between them and soon, they’re well on their way
toward falling in love. Maybe it’s the sun, surf, and sand, or the
loosened inhibitions…
But will the secret Nick keeps tear them apart forever?
Eve has to decide if she can forgive Nick and take a chance on happily ever after.
The fate of Christmas is in her hands, and time’s running out.



EXCERPT
Nick sat quietly, stirring the chocolate into the water for a moment. “You said you believe in fate, Eve.
What if it was fate? Us meeting like this, I mean. We both love Christmas, we're comfortable together,
you just came out of a bad relationship, I came out of one a year ago...I'm not saying let's walk down the
aisle or anything, nor am I looking to jump in your pants, I promise. Just...what if the universe pulled
some strings so we'd meet at that coffee shop...for things to happen this way?”
Eve sipped her cocoa. “Maybe. I told my best friend I wanted a Christmas miracle.”
“Whoa, tall order there, Eve, I've been told I'm pretty amazing, but never been told I'm a miracle...you
might be hard-pressed to make that happen with me.”
“Well, you could be just what I need to get me over Tony for good, and we could just have fun. I'm not
looking to fall in love, but I'm just happy to have someone I can get along with, to go on vacation with.
Well, let's head back to twenty questions before things get weird. If you could eat anything for the rest
of your life, what would it be?”
“Mmm, my mom's cookies, for sure.” He patted his flat stomach. “She makes great ones.”
“I just can't imagine you being soft and squishy eating tons of cookies, Nick.”
“Well, thanks, I do what I can to keep fit. So if you could do anything in the world, what would you
do?”“For work, or what?” Eve asked. “Anything.”
A mischievous glint lit up her green eyes, and she smiled. “I'd dress up as Santa and deliver presents to
kids who don't have anything.”
Nick looked as though the wind had been knocked from his chest, and Eve reached for him. He shied
away from her touch. “Are you okay?”
“Really?” Nick choked out.
Did I say something wrong? “Really! I do a lot with Toys for Tots, but I wish I could do more.” Eve
explained. “Are you okay?”
Nick's look of shock disappeared and his eyes were warm again. “I'm fine, Eve. I do some work with the
homeless. I'm always glad to meet someone who has a heart for those less fortunate. Sorry, I guess I
was just surprised that people still do that stuff.”
“Oh, I understand. Tony told me I'd probably end up getting my throat slit and wallet stolen by some
hooligan I was trying to help.” She rolled her eyes and looked out the window.
“I'm sorry, Eve.” Nick gently touched her hand. “I can tell this is something that makes you happy. If I
was—well, I'd make sure you were safe.”
Eve glanced back at him and smiled sadly. “Hey, thanks. He said he'd rather be sitting at home, he
refused to do that stuff with me.”
Nick growled softly, and Eve couldn't stop a shiver that coursed through her. “Bastard. Excuse my
language, but what man wouldn't want to spend time with you?”
“Oh, you know, the kind that knock up their secretaries while they’re engaged,” Eve muttered.
AUTHOR BIO
Scarlett Jade is just a small town Southern girl who is now a Northern transplant. She was always found
from a young age with her brow furrowed, scribbling words on paper. Now that she is grown, life isn't
much different, she still scribbles words, but mostly on the computer! She is married to the man of her
dreams, her real life knight in shining armor and Prince Charming. She has one son who is the apple of
her eye and she homeschools year round. You can typically find her playing in the dirt with her son or
snuggled on the couch with her dog Peanut, reading a good book. She loves chocolate, thinks coffee
should be a religion, and loves to make people laugh with her quirky sense of humor. She is bold,
brazen, and even been told she's ballsy, but she doesn't mind, she takes it in stride. She has a huge
passion for all things paranormal and has a penchant for spicy love stories that leave you turning the
pages and dying to slide between the sheets of her next book!

****TEASERS***

 

CONNECT WITH SCARLETT JADE
 
 
Published by Beau Coup Publishing:

No comments:

Post a Comment