Saturday 6 December 2014

AUTHOR INTERVIEW with HARMONY STALTER

Today we are spotlighting Author Harmony Stalter. Please check out her pages and books. It's always great to discover a new author.
 
 
 
 
Q. Can you tell us a little about yourself? How long have you been writing?
    A. Sure, I am an author and freelance lance writer that also has a full time 9 to 5 job as a customer service manager for a small internet business. I have been writing professionally since 2006, penning 7 very different books. Three of them were nonfictions, then there is a poetry book, and three are fiction. I believe all of us authors have had the writing bug since we were kids. There have always been stories floating around in my head and I have notebooks full of them.
 
Q.What/Who inspired you to write your first book?
 A. Curiosity inspired my first nonfiction book. I have always been a people watcher and
decided to do some research into it, which led to writing a book about it. For the first
fiction book, it was a short story about a club I used frequent and the activities I witnessed.
 
Q.  Do you read much and if so who are your favourite authors?
  A. I do read quite often. It is one of my favorite past times when I am not writing. I love JM
Witt, Jaden Wilkes, K. Bromberg, Kate Roth, and some bigger names, Stephen King, Robert
Bailey, and Patricia Cornwell.
 
Q.  What is the hardest thing about publishing your first book?
A. For the nonfiction books, was finding a publisher who was willing to take it on. Luckily,
there was a nonfiction publisher right in my own town who took a chance on me. The
fiction book was a little more difficult. The hardest part was letting it go. There is always
a nervousness that comes with it. I tend to cry and get sick every time I hit the publish
button.
 
Q. What genre are your book(s)? What draws you to this genre?
A. I write in two different genres. I write in contemporary romance and thriller/horror. All
women dream of a fairy tale romance, one that will take your breath away. My romance
novel gives you just that experience. I was drawn to the horror/thriller because this is my
favorite type of book and movie. It is interesting to write and a lot of research is going into
it.
 
Q.  Are any events in your book(s) based on your personal life or past experiences?
A. The first short story was based on what I saw in the club I frequented. The Stable Boy I
built around a few different life experiences – I grew up on a farm, which took place as
the setting. There is a scene where the main woman character goes to watch her favorite
musician in concert with her girlfriends – something I did every weekend – I based her
experience on a couple of my own. The horror/thriller novel I am currently writing is based
on the current area I live in. There is a place called Paynes Prairie. It is huge and you
will always find abandoned cars on the side of the road there. It makes you wonder what
happened to the people.
 
Q. Are you currently working any new projects? If so, Can you tell us a little about it?
  A. I am working on The Paynes Prairie Murders.
Here is the synopsis for it:
There is a serial killer on the loose. Women have been disappearing for years in Orange
County, New York and Marion County, Florida, hundreds of cases have gone unsolved. How
many murders has he committed? Ocala Police Officers, Peter Michaels and Dave Weston,
will need to figure that out. Enlisting the help of Newburgh Detective, Jacob Mason, their
suspect's deadly past comes to light, haunting their dreams. Can they stop him before he
kidnaps another woman? Will he confess his crimes?
Are you ready to meet David Checkowich?
Let the nightmares begin.
It is a bit gruesome in parts.
I also have a blog series I am writing, where I add a post a week to. There are 10 parts
currently written.
 
Q. Can you tell the readers why they should take a chance and read your work?
  A. If you are looking for someone a little different, then you should take a chance and read
what I have to say. My work is not like anyone I have read before and I like it that way. I
have always been different than my friends – some call me weird – others call me eccentric
– so my work is no different. I know I cannot please all readers with my words, but I like
it that way. Each new person I meet or hear from gives me a new insight into how this
journey will continue.
 
Q.  If you had the chance to change anything about your journey as an author, what would that be?
 A. I think the only thing I would change is being able to reach more people. Other than that,
this has been a great journey that I know will continue with pride.
 
Q. How can readers get in contact with you or find out more about your books?
There are a few ways:
Instagram: @writerharmony
 
Q. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
A. In five years, I see myself still sitting at this desk penning books. It is just something I have
always loved to do.
 
BOOKS BY HARMONY STALTER
 
 


 
 
 
Claire is a 40 year old widowed farm owner. She lost her husband in a terrible freak accident. In a constant state of depression for the past two years, her farm is failing. She barely has enough money to survive and her last farmhand just left to follow his new wife’s dreams. She is all alone, until he walks into her life. She knows she needs the help, but does she want his help? Can she resist his good looks, charm, and flirting or will she give into temptation and open her heart and bed to him? 

****************************************************************


The Paynes Prairie Murders: Coming Soon
 

There is a serial killer on the loose. Women have been disappearing for years in Orange County, New York and Marion County, Florida, hundreds of cases have gone unsolved. How many murders has he committed? Ocala Police Officers, Peter Michaels and Dave Weston, will need to figure that out. Enlisting the help of Newburgh Detective, Jacob Mason, their suspect's deadly past comes to light, haunting their dreams. Can they stop him before he kidnaps another woman? Will he confess to his crimes?

Are you ready to meet David Checkowich?

Let the nightmares begin

 
 
 
 
Harmony Stalter (1976-Present) was born in Newburgh, New York. She currently makes her home in Ocala, Florida, and is a freelance writer. She was an architectural drafter for three years before pursuing her career in writing, her first love. Employee Body Language Revealed: How to Predict Behavior in the Workplace by Reading and Understanding Body Language was her first book. Since completing this book, she has written Dancing the Night Away (A short story single), Bulk Cooking: Everything You Need to Know, and The Great Wolf Lodge 2011 Travel Guide, Rhyme Tyme: A Book of Poetry, and her current release, Two Romantic, Two Suspenseful: A Short Story Compilation. Look for these, and more upcoming titles from this writer on the rise, and make sure to visit her website at http://www.harmonysfreelancewritingworld.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment