Monday 24 February 2014

Worth The Fight by VI Keeland

Worth The Fight
Author: VI Keeland
Adult Contemporary Romance
Stars: 4.5
 
 ***BLURB***

It didn't matter that the ref called it a clean hit. Nico Hunter would never be the same.

Elle has a good life. A job she loves, a great apartment, and the guy she's been dating for more than two years is a catch and a half. But it's boring...and she strives to keep it that way. Too many emotions are dangerous. Her own past is living proof of what can happen when you lose control.

Then Nico walks into Elle's office and everything changes...for both of them. But what can the tattooed, hard-bodied MMA fighter and the beautiful and always steady attorney have in common? A lot more than they bargained for.

***Author's note***
THIS IS A STAND-ALONE NOVEL. Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.
 
 
***MY REVIEW***


Worth The Fight was told from an alternating POV and was worth every penny I spent.
The story was about:

Nico Hunter a super hot MMA fighter. A tattooed, Alpha, bad ass that trained like nobody's business.
 
Nico is first introduced when he enters an office with his Lawyer William, who hoped to get a second opinion from his friend and bed-mate Elle. Nico wanted out of an endorsement contract because he did not agree with the methods in which they were making their products. Instantly, you could feel the sparks in the air when Elle enters the room and he can't take his eyes of her. He wants her, he wants to mark her as his.
 
"I know I could have taken it further after that kiss. But I don't want on night with Elle. I want more. I have no idea why, but I do. A lot fucking more"

I liked that Nico knows he's hot and confident but I was really happy when the possessive side of him came out (hot! hot! hot!).
 
" I don't share Elle"
"Mine"
 
 Nico is having emotionally issues because of his last fight. Even though the result of that fight was an accident Nico cannot seem to bring himself to go back into the cage. The memories taunt him, so he trained harder than he had ever trained before. Nothing seems to be enough for him to step back into the cage but when he meets Elle something in him changes and he wants to prove himself  not only to others but to Elle.
 
"But today I woke up and saw a glimmer of sun breaking in from under the cloud I've carried around with me for the past year"

Then we have Elle.

Elle as you already know is a lawyer in a small firm. She was in a casual fling with William her old college friend but is finding his bed skills to be lacking.  Emotionally withdrawn from William and most people around her, she is surprised when Nico walks in and she is instantly drawn to him.

I liked Elle. I felt that she was strong, sweet and also caring despite coming from an abusive childhood. Elle also feels haunted by what happened one night in her childhood home and is trying to forget.
 
"I'm afraid I'm not good enough for you. That I'll drag you down into the hell that I belong in with me"
 
You can't help but feel the emotional rollercoaster both Elle and Nico goes through. They share secrets, their relationship is tested. Will their relationship last? Will Nico and Elle overcome the emotional barriers they face? The only way to find out is to read the book.
 
The sex, OMG. I think that VI Keeland is very good at descriptive writing and my imagination was right there with every word that I read. I wanted a glass of cold water and even got up to open my bedroom window. (hot! hot! hot!)
 
The only thing I didn’t like about Worth the Fight was that the ending which seemed to be rushed. I wanted so much more details when it came to the ending. I was left feeling unfulfilled.
Other than that I would definitely recommend this book to anyone and want them to experience the journey that is "Worth The Fight"
 
****FAVOURITE QUOTES****
" I want you"....
"so take me." I whisper on a small moan as his teeth sink into my ear.
"No. I want you to give yourself to me. I want you, Elle. All of you"
 
"Elle baked cookies to bring, which is sweet, but I'm going to have to hide them from the kids to save them from possible food poisoning."
 
" You're my soul mate. As sappy as it sounds, it's god damn true. Nothing has ever been truer in my life. So no, I'm not worried about this fight not helping me heal from my past , because it's you who does that for me"

No comments:

Post a Comment