Sunday 16 February 2014

Mirage by Ashley Suzanne


 
MIRAGE (destined #1)
Ratings:4 1/2 (re-read worthy)




****Blurb*****

Mira and Kylee met Danny and Skylar during freshman orientation, their first week of college. Two sets of best friends embark on a new adventure together, forming life long bonds.

Mira and Danny are looking forward to their future as husband and wife. Everything was going according to plan. That was until tragedy struck them on graduation night leaving three broken people to pick up the pieces.

Skylar has always stood in the background, watching his best friend begin a life with the woman he fell in love with until he can longer keep a distance.

Right when Mira thinks her life is back on track it spirals out of control. With if everything you thought you knew was nothing more than a mirage?

****My Review****



I was so happy that I decided to try this book out. I cried, laughed and to be honest I shouted out a few profanities at times. This book was very interesting with all the curve balls, potential love connections and awakenings.

The story starts with following Mira and her healing process after losing someone close to her. We see her internal struggles to pick herself up from the tragedy she experienced. With Mira's other best friends Skylar and Kylee they help her slowly start to go back to her old self. All three friends experienced the same lost however Skylar and Mira took it the hardest.

Overall, I enjoyed Mira's character. I wished at times  she would get her feeling together and stop denying faith. There is no doubt that there was a connection between her and Skylar.

Skylar Mcbride, I think I proposed marriage a couple of times while reading the book. Ok, maybe marriage is out of the question with a fictional character however I will stick to naming my first born son Skylar.
Skylar is hot, confident, charming, caring and funny. He was a great friend to both Mira and Danny. You can't help but feel his pain throughout this book when  it came to him secretly loving Mira.

Skylar:

You have hurt me in the worst possible way Mira. This pain that I feel, you will never experience. I wasn’t even worth a phone call”

So much changed between both Mira and Skylar and when I thought that finally they got it together “bam” another curve ball.
The curve ball above was the least of my worries, at chapter 18 I had a “WTF” moment. I honestly had to go back a few pages to see what I missed, I truly didn’t see that one coming. What a great and mind blowing way to end a story. Some might call it a cliffhanger, I call it genius.

I would definitely encourage anyone to read this book and even the series.


****Favourite quotes*******

Skylar: “ Open you eyes , sweets. I need you here with me. I'm not going to last too much longer. You feel way to good. My own little piece of heaven”

Here's what i need you to do, other than lay there and enjoy. You're going to use your hands to open yourself for me, and keep it open. I'm going to devour you, just so you know”*sigh*
 
 
Buy link: Amazon
 

No comments:

Post a Comment