Saturday 15 February 2014

Trouble by Samantha Towle



Trouble
Ratings: 4 Stars

***Blurb***


Mia Monroe is running. Running from a person she doesn't ever want to find her. Running from a past she doesn't ever want anyone to know. Desperate to find a future, that yesterday, she could only dream of having.

Jordan Matthews likes easy. Easy women. Easy life.

Then he meets Mia.
She's damaged, troubled and has more baggage than any person can carry. But the more Jordan gets to know Mia-for the first time in his life-he finds himself wanting to try hard for her something....for someone....for her.
And then Life isn't so easy anymore.
 
Jordan is everything Mia shouldn't want. A whole bunch of dirty hotness, tattooed, cocky bad boy, who made his money at poker tables and picked up women up in bars. Yet, Mia finds herself falling for him. Then the past Mia was running from, quickly starts to catch up with her. Because that's the problem with running... you have to stop sometime.
And when you stop, you get caught...
 
 
*** My Review***
 
From the first page into this book, I knew that I was in for a good intense read. It showed Mia as heartless and it had me curious to know why she showed no emotions when her father left her unexpectedly.
In Trouble, we learn about some of the things Mia went through at the hands of her abusive father. She was broken in so many ways.
My heart broke for this poor girl.
***Mia***
"Men don't touch me gently. Not like this. Not ever"
 
I actually liked Mia. Despite of everything she was strong, caring and was ready to start living her life for the first time.
 
Mia, felt that she was free from everything that her father created and thought she was in love with Forbes, but boy was she wrong.
I disliked her ex-boyfriend Forbes. I wanted to reach into the book and pull him out by his hair. The way he treated Mia was beyond anything a woman should have to go through. Something happened when Mia pays Forbes an unexpected visit and I smiled when Mia decided that she had had enough and fought her way out, literally!. She leaves Boston and decides to go on the road which eventually leads her on a journey to find someone from her past.
 
When she arrives in the town where she believes the person from her past lives, she is recommended a hotel by a waitress and this is where she meets Jordan.

Jordan Matthews, ladies and gentlemen was very funny, a smart ass that curses like no one I’ve read about. I think every other word he said was an F-bomb or something else, I thought it was funny.
Jordan also had his own issues and demons from his past plus I will add he was a womanizer but I still loved him.

***Jordan***
shit, don't cry. I don't do crying chicks”
 
She's a guest at the hotel. She has more baggage than JFK”
     “ I just know when it reaches this point with a woman. And that's when I’m done. I'm not a cuddler. I fuck. The end”
 
Samantha takes us on a journey with Mia and Jordan as their get to know each other and attempt to find out more about the person Mia is looking for. A lot of curve balls were thrown that was definitely not expected but it was good.
 
I really enjoyed the book but will admit that there were times that I wish it would move along a little faster. I can only take so much of the back and forth between a man and a woman until they decided to be together.
 






No comments:

Post a Comment