Tuesday 23 February 2016

REVIEW~ This is love by Caroline Nolan





Rachel Miller had love, life and happiness...until she didn't. Uncertain of how to cope and move on without him, Rachel's life comes to halt as she mourns the loss of her fiance Ben. Then one night she discovers it doesn't have to. By way of dreams, Rachel and Ben continue to live the life they had planned together. It's unconventional, it's not even real, but it's enough for Rachel. For the first time since Ben's death, she's happy...whole. That is until she runs into someone she barely knew from years ago and suddenly real life is just as great as her dream one. Now Rachel doesn't know what to do. Will letting someone new in threaten what she has with Ben? Or will their love story threaten her new happiness? Is it crazy to chase after a ghost while being caught up by someone very real?

 
 
 
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I started This is Love a few weeks after losing a really close friend of mine. The cover is beautiful and the author does a great job with tying in certain things into the entire story.
After finishing this story, I sat for a few minutes to ponder my feelings and the real message about what i’d just read. I couldn't deny that I loved the story and the characters.
If this Caroline’s first novel, I am definitely sticking around to see what other great stories this author has in her. This book was heart wrenching, about loving, losing and loving again.

Rachel lost the love of her life so unexpectedly. Trying to hold on to the man that she thought was her soul mate, Rachel feels lost, alone. Through Rachel’s dreams Ben and herself are able to meet and hang on to the past. This was the most heartbreaking thing about the story. Rachel found hope and happiness in those dreams until Jackson Perry shows up.

I was swooning over Jax immediately. He was not only hot, smart, rich, caring but he understood. With understanding he was able to be there for Rachel and slowly make her see and feels things again.

This is Love was well written, the pace was just right. I felt like I was in the moment with the characters.

Overall, the secondary characters were great. Tess and Dylan were funny and great friends. I think I needed just a little bit more to push me over the edge and into a crying mess(which I welcomed). A really good story with such a strong message about Love. I would love to see a story with Jackson and Rachel a few years down the road. I might be asking too much but it never hurts to ask, right? lol 
 


 FOLLOW THE AUTHOR

https://www.facebook.com/authorcarolinenolan 

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/14430747.Caroline_Nolan

No comments:

Post a Comment