Saturday 18 July 2015

RELEASE DAY~ Highway 187 by A.T. King

Banner.jpg

Title: Highway 187
Author: A.T. King
Published by: OBD Publishing
Release Date: 18/7

SYNOPSIS:

Four friends embark on a road trip on their last weekend together before going to college. While heading out of town they decide to take a detour and visit the mysterious "Highway 187" which is said to be plagued with strange occurrences that no one can explain. The friends run into a little car trouble and decide to pass the time by sharing ghost stories. Little do they know that the most terrifying tale is the one they are about to take part in.

PURCHASE LINKS

Ebook links:






EXCERPT:

It was a hot and muggy Sunday afternoon, just like every other day in Deep South Texas. I like to think that when Stephen King wrote “ninety degrees in the shade, ninety six in the sun, hot enough that the air shimmers above the pavement as if over an open incinerator” he was thinking of this place we call home. That seems to be the case for us all year round, even during the so-called winter months. It seems that here in South Texas we just have two seasons; spring and summer. We usually get five or six days of what could pass for cold and only nine or ten days that are wet or bearable, if we are lucky. I had just gotten out of work and was about to head for home when my phone rang.  I checked the number but I didn’t recognize it. I thought about ignoring the call, but something told me to answer it.
    “Hello?” I answered, hoping it wasn’t a telemarketer of some sort. Those damn bastards have gotten sneakier over the years. Nowadays they actually call your cell phone, and I just wasn’t in the mood to deal with them at the moment.
    “Yes, hello, am I speaking with Mr. Dutton?” asked the soft voice on the other side.
    “Yes, may I ask who is calling?”
    “Mr. Dutton, I am Dr. Keely calling from the Millen Medical Center. I was asked to contact you by one of our patients, a Mr. Nicholas Christie.”
    “Nick? I haven’t heard from him in years. Is he ok?”
    “I really can’t go into details with you, except to say that he has asked for you to come; he says it is a matter of life and death.”



AUTHOR BIO:

A.T. King was born in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico in 1977. He is the youngest member in his family which consists of four other siblings, two boys and two girls. A.T and his family moved to Mission, Texas when he was three years old, and that is where he was raised and has resided since. A.T. began writing in 2007 after going through a divorce. He began writing poetry as a form of self-expression and wrote his first story after seeing horror movies with one of his sisters. A few months later he finished his first story, “CUPID”, and has never stopped writing since. Since then he has written a total of eleven stories and over thirty poems.

SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
Twitter @ATKing33: https://twitter.com/ATKing33

No comments:

Post a Comment