Thursday 27 March 2014

BOOK SPOTLIGHT~Ting-A-Ling by MIKE FARICY



Ting-A-Ling by Mike Faricy


*****BLURB*****
 
Continuing the Dev Haskell - Private Investigator Series with Case 7 

After answering Danielle’s middle of the night phone call, private investigator Dev Haskell offers to help. It’s a simple task. All he has to do is deliver a message to her former business partner. The next thing he knows, Dev is involved in a missing person case and he can’t find his client or her business partner. That turns out to be the least of his problems when he finds himself on the hook for murder and all the evidence points toward him. Meanwhile, an incident from his childhood continues to haunt Dev. With his very freedom hanging in the balance everything seems to be beyond his control. He’ll need all his skill and a good deal of luck to save himself. In a tale fraught with danger, Mike Faricy, Master of the Bizarre lays one twist on top of another until a murder rap becomes the least of Dev’s problems. 
 

 
******EXCERPT****
Ten minutes later we were pulling into my driveway. I gently shook Heidi awake. “Heidi, come on. There’s a nice warm bed upstairs we can both climb into. Wake up, honey.”
“Oh, God, bed sounds wonderful,” she said, but she said it in a way that made me think we were suddenly on opposite wave lengths.
She was sound asleep when I came out of the bathroom. I heard that deep Prosecco induced breathing, remembered the elbow she gave me the last time I’d attempted to wake her and knew there was no point in trying. I’d have to wait until morning.
“Dev, Dev, wake up. Come on, wake up.”
It was music to my ears as she gently shook me awake, no doubt unable to control her passion and wait any longer. My patience was finally paying off and this was going to be worth it. I rolled over and focused on Heidi sitting on the edge of my bed. She appeared to have showered and was completely dressed. In fact, she’d already pulled on her winter coat.
“What time is it? What the…”
“Come on, get dressed, you have to drive me back to Bunnies so I can get my car. I’ve got a client coming in at nine this morning and I have to go home and change.”
“Could we just take a few minutes here and…”
“No, come on, I mean it. Besides, I’ve already showered. I gotta get going,” she said and stood up.
I lay in bed for half a second, thinking ‘This can’t be happening. I don’t believe it.’
“Dev, come on, I told you I’m not kidding, get going,” she said. She checked herself briefly in the mirror before she walked out of my bedroom. She called again as she headed downstairs. “Dev.”
Heidi was the first one to finally speak as we drove to her car. “Oh, God, you big baby, will you please quit pouting. I’ll make it up to you,” she said. We were just a minute or two away from the parking lot at Bunnies. Heidi was brushing on makeup using the mirror hanging from the back of my passenger seat visor.
“Sure, not a problem. I mean, I interrupted my night. I stopped working. I drove down to Bunnies. I gave all your girlfriends a ride home. My ears are still hurting from the noise level in the car.” I shot her a glance.
“Maybe if the heat had come on we wouldn’t have had to talk so loud. God, everyone was frozen half to death. We had to talk just to stay warm.”
“Hey, you called me. Like I said, I was working.”
“Sure you were,” she said and just let that hang there for a couple of blocks.

***PURCHASE LINK***
 
 
***FOLLOW THE AUTHOR***

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment